Jilin University (JLU), located in Changchun, Jilin Province, is a state key comprehensive university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, China. It was established in 1946, listed as a key national university in 1960, and became one of the first 22 universities in China authorized to provide graduate programs. It is among the first batch of universities in China sponsored by “Project 211” and “Project 985”, and is among the only 32 universities in China, the President and the University Council Chairman of which are appointed by the State Council of China.
Aiming to build a world renowned research-oriented university, JLU is opening up and invites nominations and applications for the deans positions of six (6) colleges of the university.
1. Dean of College of Automotive Engineering
2. Dean of School of Management
3. Dean of College of Transportation
4. Dean of College of Food Science and Engineering
5. Dean of College of Environment and Resources
6. Dean of School of Public Health
The candidates for above-mentioned positions are expected to:
(a) abide by the constitution and laws of the People’s Republic of China, be devoted to the cause of higher education of China, have good conduct and professional ethics, be widely recognized with academic achievements and enjoy a high academic reputation;
(b) understand the nature of higher education, have rich administrative experiences and strong capacity to organize and coordinate so as to promote academic and educational excellence of the college, as well as its sustainable development. Previous experiences in key management position(s) in the institutions or labs in related areas both home and abroad are preferred.
Candidates should be no older than 55 years old. Candidates with Chinese nationality should have a title of full professor and should work full time. Non-Chinese candidates should have tenured professorship (or the equivalent) in a reputable university or research institution and are expected to work full time. Academicians, 1,000 Talent Plan and/or 10,000 Talent Plan experts, chair professors of “Cheung Kong Scholars Program”, winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars are preferred, and if necessary, do not need to abide by the age limit strictly.
The candidates for the Dean of the College of Automotive Engineering should have an academic background in engineering and R&D experiences in automotive industry-related areas.
The candidates for the Dean of College of Transportation should have an academic background in Vehicle Operation Engineering, Transportation Planning and Management, Traffic Information Engineering and Controlling, or Highway and Railway Engineering, and teaching and research experiences in related areas.
The candidates for the Dean of School of Management should have a management-related academic background, and teaching and research experiences in related areas.
The candidates for the Dean of College of Food Science and Engineering should have an academic background and teaching/research experiences in food technology, food chemistry, food safety, food microbiology or other related disciplines.
The candidates for the Dean of College of Environmnet and Resources should have an academic background and teaching/research experiences in Water Conservancy Engineering, Environment Science and Engineering, or Geological Resources and Engineering.
The candidates for the Dean of School of Public Health should have an academic background and teaching/research experiences in medical sciences, and public health and preventative medicine preferred.
All candidates should be in good health and capable of performing due duties once selected.
Application is accepted through mail, fax or email from January 20 to April 15, 2017.
Requested documents for application include:
1. Filled Application Form of Deans Positions of Jilin University;
2. Duplicate of diplomas and degree certificates;
3. Duplicate of ID or passport;
4. Certificates or reference materials of working experiences;
5. Certificate or duplicate of major academic achievements (including patent certificates, product certificates, etc.);
6. Documents or certificates of major scientific projects the candidate participated in as a leader or a major member;
7. Duplicates of related awards;
8. Working plan and countermeasures;
9. Other related documents.
Above-mentioned documents are supposed to be printed on A4 paper and submitted to the Department of Organization of Jilin University by April 15, 2016. The application will be viewed and an interview on campus will be arranged once applicants pass the screening process. All application materials will not be returned to the applicants.
Duration of Service and Remuneration
The first employment term is 5 years, including 1 year probation period. The remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate's academic excellence and experience, details to be discussed.
Mr. Yang Ke, Mr. Zhang Guoxing
Mailing address: Department of Organization, Jilin University, No. 2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun, China, 130012
1. An Introduction of College of Automotive Engineering
2. An Introduction of School of Mangaement
3. An Introduction of College of Transportation
4. An Introduction of College of Food Science and Engineering
5. An Introduction of College of Environment and Resources
6. An Introduction of School of Public Health
7. Application Form of Deans Positions of Jilin University